Henna for Hair Dye
Henna is a plant, lawsonia inermis.
Henna has been used as a hair dye for thousands of years in India, the Middle East and parts of Africa.
The dye in henna is lawsone, which penetrates the skin and hair and bonds to the keratin.
Henna dyes the hair in a reddish-orange color, but the color you get will depend on the natural color of your hair.
Advantages of using henna as a hair dye
Allergic reaction to henna is extremely rare.
- Henna dye blocks UV so your hair doesn’t become sun damaged,
- Strengthens your hair so it won’t get split ends,
- Makes your hair glossy and shiny,
- Eliminates dandruff and ringworm, and
- Kills head lice and nits.